Yet another mommy blogging about how cute her kids are.

WFMW – Paint Picking Tools

by Toni

We’ve done the final inspections on our new house (Yes, I know you’ve heard nothing about this until now.  I’ll fill you in when I’m a little less preoccupied.  Say… when we’re moved in. :) )  Anyway, it’s simple little place that will suit us well for a year or so except for one big thing.  The walls are white….ALL the walls.  It’s not “antique white” or “off-white” either.  It’s bright white.  I know I want to paint before we move in but a visit to the local paint center completely overwhelmed me with color.  I know some people consider wall color as easy to change as curtains but I am not one of them.  I stood baffled in front of the rainbow display.  I know what I like on the paint chips but how can I be sure that it will look good on the walls?  At home, I found the Behr ColorSmart System and Sherwin Williams Color Visualizer.  The confusion is gone and I am having so. much. fun!  I’ve tried combinations I’ve never considered before and been pleasantly surprised.  I’ve tried “sure things” and realized they were not what I thought.  Most importantly, I now know what I want to do in the house.

If you’ve got a painting project ahead of you, skip over here and here.  It worked for me.

WFMW is hosted at Rocks In My Dryer.  You should go there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 Responses to “WFMW – Paint Picking Tools”

1. April says:

I’ll definitely have to try this – my last paint project was a disaster in color choice – so ended up not looking like I thought.

2. Amy says:

Thank you! I have paint phobia, but the dull walls are driving me crazy.

3. ~Amy says:

I’m going to check out those links…I have a hard time picking paint colors!
    thanks,
    ~Amy

4. Leslie says:

Painting is a daunting task. Those tools are pretty fun, though.

5. Mrs. H says:

I’m here checking out WFMW – good tip. Congrats on your new home. We’re currently waiting to hear if our contract has been accepted and we might be new home-owners too! Behr here I come….

6. dana says:

I found this great site that lets you browse any color from any brand and sample them in a little mini sample paint can for only $6.99 they are much better then the little jars. I purchased 5 samples and they gave 1 free. I found a color maple leaf red and they modified it for me 25% lighter and it worked out perfect. then I was able to purchase 2 gallons onlin ewith them and it was not expensive to ship only about $4 per gallon more. http://www.myperfectcolor.com Oh I almost forgot they sugested that I use sample boards but I just put it on my wall I hope that does’nt foul me up :-) anyway check it out. I found martha stewart, ralph lauren and benjamin moore to have the most intresting colors. dont forget to check out there pottery barn color combinations, very cool

7. dana says:

I found this great site that lets you browse any color from any brand and sample them in a little mini sample paint can for only $6.99 they are much better then the little jars. I purchased 5 samples and they gave 1 free. I found a color maple leaf red and they modified it for me 25% lighter and it worked out perfect. then I was able to purchase 2 gallons onlin ewith them and it was not expensive to ship only about $4 per gallon more. http://www.myperfectcolor.com Oh I almost forgot they sugested that I use sample boards but I just put it on my wall I hope that doesn’t foul me up :-) anyway check it out. I found martha stewart, ralph lauren and benjamin moore to have the most intresting colors. dont forget to check out there pottery barn color combinations, very cool

8. dana says:

sorry for the duplicate post, i misspelled some words ooooppppss